Denver Lawyers Delivering Distinguished Legal Services Worldwide
Decades of experience serving mining, energy and oil and gas sectors
Fognani & Faught, PLLC provides expert legal services to clients in traditional, alternative and renewable natural resources industries throughout the United States and around the globe. We deliver a broad range of services to support clients in every facet and at every stage of their business. From the smallest exploration companies to the largest multinational majors, we provide an unparalleled level of expertise, experience and value.
Extensive natural resources and environmental law experience in a creative, flexible and efficient law firm
The attorneys at Fognani & Faught, PLLC have decades of experience in natural resources development and environmental regulation. We have worked with clients in every sector of the industry, including hard rock, coal, oil and gas, nuclear, wind, hydro, geothermal and solar. While much of our work centers on projects in the United States and Canada, we have also worked extensively over the years with clients in northern and central Asia, Latin America, northern and sub-Saharan Africa and Eastern Europe.
Our clients receive a level of service that is not available from the larger firms with whom we directly compete. You can count on us to provide:
- Dedicated and personal attention. One size does not fit all. We learn everything we can about a client's business and tailor our services to meet the client's individual needs.
- Responsiveness. At Fognani & Faught, PLLC, we are available when you need us, regardless of your time zone.
- Creative problem solving. A traditional, time-tested approach to a legal or business matter is usually a good place to start, but it is not always the best option available. Our ability to recognize and implement creative solutions, where appropriate, helps us achieve the most efficient and effective results for our clients.
- Maximized value. Fognani & Faught, PLLC eschews the traditional law firm “pyramid” business model by which the members of a firm rely on a cadre of young associates to churn out as many billable hours as possible. At Fognani & Faught, PLLC, our associates are not “profit centers” working with little or no regard for the client’s best interests. Rather, they are valued colleagues whose experience and capabilities we carefully allocate and leverage to provide maximum value for our clients.
- Specialized knowledge and capabilities. We run a tightly focused operation. Rather than trying to be all things to all people, our attorneys concentrate their efforts on the mining, energy and oil and gas industries. We are experts in our field of practice, serving clients in Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Premier credentials. Our attorneys have received numerous awards and recognitions, including AV® Preeminent(TM) Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell®; The International Who's Who of Environment Lawyers; The International Who's Who of Mining Lawyers; Best Lawyers in America for Natural Resources Law, Environmental Law, Mining Law and Energy Law; Super Lawyers; and International Who's Who of Business Lawyers. Three of our lawyers have served as adjunct professors at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
- Extensive networks. Through decades of experience grounded in hard work, reliability, integrity and respect, our attorneys have formed close friendships and established reliable contacts with numerous individuals throughout the natural resources industry and within those sectors of the government and legal and financial communities that interact with the industry on a regular basis. Within the boundaries of legal and ethical conduct, we don’t hesitate to tap into our network of contacts to help the firm’s clients pursue and achieve their objectives.
Diverse backgrounds and knowledge enabling a comprehensive suite of available services
Our team’s experience and knowledge in the fields of natural resources and environmental law is broad and deep. At any one time, you will find us working on myriad and diverse issues, including, for example:
- Securing resource exploration/development rights/permissions (e.g., mining claims, patents, oil and gas leases, exploration licenses, mineral licenses, surface use agreements)
- Project permitting
- Project financing
- Strategic planning issues and considerations (e.g., “social license,” taxes and royalties, production off-take, availability and condition of transportation infrastructure, supply and reliability of electrical power, import-export controls, intellectual property protection, country risk, local governance, NGO participation and interest)
- Contract negotiation and drafting (e.g., joint venture agreements, purchase and sale agreements, EPCM contracts, equipment purchase orders, consulting services agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements) (includes development and implementation of comprehensive contract template programs)
- Project management, contracting and procurement
- Environmental assessments and environmental impact statements
- Permitting, compliance and enforcement issues associated with air and water pollutants, hazardous substances and solid wastes
- Government relations, including mineral leases, production-sharing agreements, stability agreements, investment agreements, administrative orders on consent, settlement agreements and the like
- Corporate governance and securities regulation
- Administrative hearings, agency rulemakings
- Complex state and federal litigation and judicial appeals
- Alternative dispute resolution, including negotiation, mediation and arbitration (including international and multinational disputes)
Contact international environmental and natural resources attorneys in Colorado
Fognani & Faught, PLLC provides creative solutions for clients worldwide. We are available when you need us. Contact us by phone at 720.441.1417 or online.